Wedding Papers

Hello there!  The month of March was full of changes and excitement...I spent it turning 30, getting married to my dreamboat boyfriend, visiting with family, friends & plenty of painting.  Now that the festivities are over, I thought I'd share some of our DIY wedding papers and projects.



The pocket envelope for the invitations were cut down and folded from 8" x 10" sheets of pearlescent white paper punched with an edge stamp to fancy it up.  1" strips of grey polka dot paper were cut and glued around the outside.  Our invitation and 'lucky in love' name stamps were made by the lovely ladies at Antiquaria.  Steven, my mom and I spent quite a few long days/nights printing and assembling the invites.  The dinner invitation in the pocket was printed by Wedding Paper Divas.

            

The rubber type used to print our dinner menus & welcome invitations were made by Martha Stewart.  She is a crafty genius...there are a bunch of different fonts to choose from, so it doesn't look as 'office' as my other stamps. The letters were set into the clear mounts & so easy to print!  The great thing about letterpress becoming so popular is that there are plenty of accessible, easy printing techniques available that don't require a big investment or heavy equipment.  Lots of printmakers turn their nose up at crafty stamps and the like, but this printmaker loves it!  In my studio, I have a press with plenty of wood type, but my smallest letter is a 1/2", so it wasn't practical for my needs on this project.  

The papel picado flags in our centerpieces turned out beautifully!  My new mother-in-law sewed all of our grey polka dot table runners.  The morning of our wedding, my bridesmaids and I had mimosas and put together our bouquets and centerpieces.   Everything about the weekend was perfect, made even more wonderful because our family & friends were all together.  

We've been newlyweds now for over a month!  With a new last name, I've decided to start fresh in my thirtieth year and rename my blog, shop & studio as well.  Found (here), words that appear often in my collages, express a feeling as well as a place. 

Comments

Popular Posts