Advanced Painting Workshop: Final Day

My advanced painting students at the Lopez Center had their work cut out for them during last month's special workshop.  Bihl Haus obtained funding for me to teach a large-format painting workshop, inspired by the work of the Impressionists.  We began with a tour of the McNay for our first class.  The following three classes included a discussion of the history of Impressionism in subject matter and style, technical demonstrations and studio time in our classroom at the Lopez Center.  Students were each provided a 24 x 30" gallery wrapped canvas to work on, a big jump from their usual 16 x 20" format.  I am so proud of their finished work-thank you Bihl Haus Arts for your continued support of the arts in our community!  Painters (left to right): Linda, Carol Ann, Brenda, Terri, Virginia, Socorro, Lucila, Tomasita, Anita & Bonita.
 Top to bottom, left to right:  Bonnita, Linda, Anita, Virginia and Tomasita. 
I'll share the rest of the finished paintings when I return home from my residency in August.

Comments

Popular Posts