Indie Craft Parade 2011


The Indie Craft Parade in Greenville SC has come and gone...5,000 people came out to browse & buy lots of handmade goods from the local artists.  It was my first experience participating as a vendor and I really loved it.   Dad built the shelves for my table and brought them down from Ohio.  Standing at my booth, I interacted with the public as they looked at my artwork & got a great response to the new pieces.  There was such a wonderful creative energy there & I connected with some lovely artists who made the weekend even better.
I also found that my mom is the perfect spokeswoman for my art!  I am going to hire her as my assistant full time and we shall tour the country's art festivals and become a great success...

 

 At the VIP gala Friday night (the opening event for the craft parade) my brother Ronnie won a little grab bag of local art.  He started walking up to the front before they even called his ticket number, confident that he would win.  When they called his number by chance, he had a spring in his step as he scooted to the front to claim his goodie bag which included a Chesire cat illustration, a small felted owl, handmade dog collar and fancy yellow flower necklace that became property of me.  Woohoo!
I had a great location in the fair on the corner, so my shoppers (and me) had some breathing room with a wonderful view of the Reedy River out the window.  I am grateful to my friend & gallery owner/curator Teresa for introducing me to this event.  Thanks to everyone who came out and supported local art!

Comments

  1. Darn Rachael! If I had known you were there I would've come out! It was a crazy busy weekend. Your setup looks great. Hope you are well!
    Suzanne B.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts