Bump-it Portfolio Exchange

Finished up my edition for the Bump-It Mafia Portfolio.  Since I lack a drying rack they are taped to my closet doors; this also makes it easier to curate with limited space.  The exchange is being organized by my friend Katy Seals along with Cat Snapp & Linda Santana.  They pulled together a list of lady printmakers to make editions expressing their femininity.  It will be shown at UNT in Denton, Texas.

My image is about dreaming of becoming an artist when I grew up (though for a brief period I also wanted to be a cake decorator, truck driver & veterinarian) The background pattern of my print is inspired by the wallpaper in my old bedroom.  I picked it out as a pink-loving fourth grader when we moved to our new house on Squirrel Hill Dr.  The nest my chickadee is perched upon is derived from pixie tails, care of Lady Lovely Locks, a favorite toy and subtle nod to playing dress-up in the past.  The playful colors feel like a pleasant dream, and the text 'buona fortuna'  (Italian for good luck) links this image to the present; my travels abroad have shaped who I am and what I create.  I can't wait to get back the collated exchange and check out everyone else's interpretation of this theme!

Comments

  1. Bellissma!! Love this! Thanks for your delightful interpretation of your work! Congratulations on another Portfolio exchange! Amore,Madre

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts