Always

Last night I got back to work in my studio. I found the letter stamp with lime green handle a few weeks back when I was on a jewelry-making kick.  It was next to all of the sculpey tools...for years I've been on the hunt for a stamp just like this one, with letters that roll.  I have a few different alphabet stamps and one with rubber letters that you can set yourself...but this is by far my favorite.  The size is perfect and the font is simple without looking too 'secretary.'  I picked up the watercolor pencils when I was studying abroad in Genova, Italy during graduate school...I used them a bit overseas & have mostly just admired the shiny lacquered barrels until now.  I have a habit of buying lots of art supplies, especially stamps and paper (it's a printmaking thing) before I have a project in mind to use them for.  Playing around with different media makes my studio process fun and helps spark new ideas.  This little mixed media piece was made using watercolor, graphite and metallic acrylic ink on paper.  It is now listed in my Etsy shop, right in time for Valentine's Day.  On a side note:  'Always' also happens to be the word that caused me to be eliminated from a grade school spelling bee...I was so excited to get an easy word that I quickly recited the spelling without the 'y.' 

Comments

Popular Posts