Paint, Print & Travel

     Yesterday, I held the first project critique with my painting class.  Their assignment was a monochromatic still life with a consistent light source.  Critique moved along well, and they had constructive input for one another.  It was an encouraging class and I look forward to helping them develop even more with their next paintings.  Below are some examples of my students' work. Next up, complementary color schemes.
             In art history, we've been talking about Renaissance art and architecture in Italy.  With each lecture I give, the itch to book my next adventure gets stronger (Kelly, are you ready?)  In my research for class this weekend, I happened upon a link to a virtual tour of the Sistine Chapel.  Check it out here.   You can get up close and personal with the frescoes, minus the crowds.  

     For all you printmakers out there, sign up before October 31st for Frogman's Print and Paper Workshop for the early bird discount!  I'm registered and excited to learn some new silkscreen techniques for my studio.  The atmosphere in Vermillion is always so inspiring, it's hard to believe that five years have passed since I was last there.  Which class are you going to take?

Comments

Popular Posts