Pet Portrait Commissions & Workshop

Scout, 12" x 12" x 2" acrylic on wooden cradleboard 

Pixie, 8" x 10" acrylic on canvas
Fresh new paintings!  Commission your own pet portraits through my art shop.  Portraits are on sale through June 30th.  Trinity Art League of San Antonio invited me to give a portrait painting workshop on Tuesday night at their monthly meeting.  I demonstrated how to grid from a photograph, the basics of acrylic painting and color mixing for animal and human portraiture.  I also gave some tips on obtaining a good photographic reference to work from (I prefer eye-level photos when painting pets).  
There were quite a few newcomers to the meeting and some familiar faces from previous demonstrations.  The members were very welcoming and there was a lot of creative energy in the room!  In July I'll be teaching a three day workshop on the art of portrait painting, students will complete one 16" x 20" portrait in acrylic. The workshop will be hosted by the Commander's House in San Antonio; sign up is July 1st from 9-11 am.  Details coming soon...contact me with any questions!

Comments

Popular Posts