Idea to Image: Family Portrait Series



Images from my studio of the mini family portrait series I created, especially for mine and Steven's exhibition at Rey Garza Real Estate.  These canvases are gallery wrapped (1" deep), ranging in size from 6 x 6" to 12 x 12".  The backgrounds were built up in layers of both opaque and transparent colors using alternative stencil techniques.  The budgie drawings have been in my sketchbook for about a year, waiting on the right project.  Finally, on Mother's Day (with a deadline looming), I realized how to incorporate the images.  Inspired by our friends that recently welcomed new additions, I arranged families of birds within the colorful, patterned scenes.  Contact me for details on commissioning your own 'family portrait.'





Comments

Popular Posts