Custom Pet Portraits

These are my two most recent pet portraits; now that the holidays are over, I am able to share them with you!

These handsome cats measure 5" x 5", painted in acrylic on birch cradleboard. The cradleboard is 1/4" birch plywood secured to a hardwood frame, approximately 1/2" deep.  The wood provides a smooth surface, so I am able to capture more detail than with a traditional canvas.

Angerball was a commission from South Carolina; I was happy to dress him in a bowtie, monacle and tophat, as per request.  He looks quite dapper!

My favorite part of these paintings is finishing the details in the eyes and coming up with a background that suits the personality of the pet.


You can pick up a custom painting, for yourself or as a gift on my website, foundherestudio. Paintings start at $50 and are sent out within a week of the order.

Check out more portraits here, including a llama!

Comments

Popular Posts