bring it on home to me

Another Sunday, another all-day studio day. Today I worked on drawings about home; one about leaving home & the other about making a new one.  On the left is the beginning sketch for a drawing commission.  My friend's parents will be celebrating a wedding anniversary & she asked me to design an image for them using similar colors & patterns from their house, along with their wedding date.  The background will be tricky, I'm going to use colored pencil to block in the plaid and then use acrylic drawing inks & illustration markers for the thin lines running  between the squares.  Earlier today I also finished the drawing below, Remember Me. A good luck charm for the newly relocated and the constant traveler.  I'm having fun coming up with new wallpaper patterns and color combinations.  I wish I had walls that looked like this....  




Comments

Popular Posts