past life as a blast

Mid-August already!  Yesterday was Steven's graduation ceremony from Clemson & today he left for Kansas & a camping trip in the Boundary Waters for the next few weeks.  After we had coffee this morning and said good-bye, I sat down in my studio with Okkervil River playing on my computer & began sketching for new sweet-tweet drawings to take to the Art Fair in September.  After pasta Sunday dinner I'll transfer the images to 5" x 7" Stonehenge and fill them in with ink, colored pencil and graphite.  The subjects will be drawn in graphite against a saturated, patterned background.  I have one week until I start teaching again, three weeks until college football season & approximately four weeks until the Indie Craft Parade kicks off in Greenville...

Comments

Popular Posts