Market in Telese

 Saturday morning was spent at the open air market in Telese, a neighboring town.  I started the day with a short espresso, chocolate gelato and l'aqua frizzante.  It somehow seems normal to have ice cream in the morning here.  The produce at this market was so fresh and beautiful.  I bought some striped eggplant, pink striped beans, freshly cured olives and Tuscan kale.  Later that afternoon, back in Guardia, I explored the city with Crystal Davis while she filmed for one of her residency projects. There are so many interesting shapes and details in the buildings, especially in the medieval district of Guardia.  My studio work is coming along; I have several painting studies in progress and am working in my sketchbook tonight. 




Crystal working on her video, in the streets of Guardia

Comments

Popular Posts