Swan on a stick

The view walking back to the apartment for dinner and drawing. It looked like a painting, and such a nice change from the gray skies we've been having. I enjoyed a nice apperetivo in the garden with Mimma after a day of drawing in the studio.
I have invented swan on a stick. It is a handy little device for drawing the paper swan from different angles, and I don't know why I haven't thought of it before. Genius. I worked on two sketches today in preparation for the final drawings, you can see one in progress behind the swan. A large group of Italians came in to the studio and wandered around smiling and talking today. They had walked all the way from Florence on their way to Siena (one of my favorites) and according to what I understood of their Italian, it took them 5 hours on foot to get here. I'm glad it wasn't raining for them! Now it is time for pasta, email, and planning my trip in to Florence and Genova later this week! Kelly & Meghan, I wish you were here! Not the same without my ragazzi. A dopo!

Comments

Popular Posts